Saturday, January 10, 2015

Asian Pineapple Cashew Fried Rice



I am not going to be really specific on ingredient amounts for this recipe. There is a lot of room for flexibility so add what you want. It really is fun to make just the way you want it.  


 Saute any type of vegetarian meat chunks you want to use in olive oil and chopped onions. 

Scramble 2 eggs (salted to taste) or egg whites in a pan and set aside. 
 In a large pan or wok place frozen mixed vegetables. Start to heat on medium heat.  
 While it is heating, keep adding ingredients. 
Add pineapple chunks (I cut my pineapple chunks in half) I used a better part of a can. 
Add a handful or two of roasted cashews. (I cut mine up a bit).  
        
Add a bit of pineapple juice to help steam the veggies. 

Heat until veggies look like they are almost cooked.
 Add cooked rice. ( I made mine in a rice pot) 
           2 cups Jasmine Rice 
           4 cups water
              salt to taste

This time I used white Jasmine sometimes I use brown rice. It is all good. 
Add 1 package SunBird Fried Rice Seasoning Mix 
     (This one was Hot and Spicy. I get them at the grocery store in the Asian food aisle or at a general Asian market. They are about a dollar. )

Add oil as desired to fry the rice. This time I used olive oil. 
Add other Asian spices if desired. 
       I like ginger powder, five spice powder and ground star 
       aniseed powder. I got these at an Asian market. 
Add soy sauce if desired.
Mix it all together covering the rice evenly. 
Add salt to taste after all your spices are mixed together. 
Add in the scrambled eggs and fried veggie meat. 
Heat everything. Serve hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment